1-24-18 Surgery Day
- 7 AM No food since last night and none ’till after the procedure.
- 11 AM arrival at The Orthopedic Hospital of Wisconsin where Dr. Dean Ziegler is going to fix up my right (dominant side) shoulder that has rotator cuff tears and a detached bicep tendon.
- 12:30 Anesthesia. Say Bye!
- 1 PM Surgery Time was about 1 hour and 15 minutes for the procedure.
- 3 PM Woke back up with no memory of the operation and no pain.
- Wendy was waiting at the hospital and was getting text updates from the OR nurse. 9 in total I believe. Pretty cool!
- No pain post-op due to nerve block.
- 4 PM Left with Wendy.
- 4:15 PM Home and hungry! Asked for a Kopp’s burger! Wendy picked up burgers when she went to Walgreen’s for my prescription. Yummy!
No nausea from the general anesthetic but the nerve block was uncomfortable. A feeling like there was weight on my chest, a slightly droopy right eye and my index finger and thumb are very tingly.
Set up the corner of the couch for recovery and sleep. Not supposed to lie down to sleep for a couple of weeks I believe. Sleep never really came though. I watched several episodes of the Peaky Blinders, Season 4 on Netflix and played some CIV VI on the iPad. Maybe dozed 1.5 hours total??
Didn’t need any pain meds as the nerve block was still doing its thing.
In a sling the whole day/night, of course,