2-2-18 Day 10
6:45 AM – I continue to get decent sleep in the corner of the couch. I forgot to mention earlier that we don’t own a proper recliner, the kind my grandfather used to own, that I would use if we had one. If you get this surgery, and you have a recliner, I’d expect it to be your favorite sleeping spot for a few weeks.
For some reason I’ve got more soreness in the shoulder today than I’ve had waking up for the past few days. Slept differently? I don’t think so. Maybe over did it some yesterday? Haven’t been icing as much?
Did the couple of passive exercises Dr. Ziegler prescribed.
8:30 AM – First 1 hour chair session. Currently have the upper/outer limits of the range of motion set at 82d and 29d.
Things I expect to be able to get done today without my surgery recovery getting in the way of:
- Writing – Still mostly left-handed but I can throw the right hand in for a few minutes at a time.
- Continue the consolidation of my digital photo library. Over the past few days I’ve probably got about 25% done but that is most of what I have available at home. I’ll need to head to the studio to load up more on a hard drive.
- Get Garrett new winter boots. For some reason his feet keep growing!
- Pick up iPhone X.
- Decluttering the house.
- Push things around at the studio to get the video recording area functional.
- Photograph items for eBay.
11:00 AM – 2nd Chair session with increase in range of motion to 86d/32d. Well on the way to the 140d/60d goal.
Picked up an iPhone X today. Pretty impressive! I’ll have more to report on it as I get more use out of it. Here is a photo in portrait mode.
I made it to the shop for a bit today. Not a lot of work getting done but I am getting some projects prioritized.
Garrett headed off to Winter Camp with the Scouts tonight so Wendy and I have the house to ourselves for the first time in I don’t know how long. She’s not feeling well in the tummy and Ive got this surgery recovery going on. So we’ve got that going!